Baseball at Georgia -- 3/20/16 -- Postgame Notes
Kentucky at Georgia
March 20, 2016
Foley Field -- Athens, Ga.
FINAL SCORE: Kentucky 10, Georgia 6
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is 14-5, 2-1 in the Southeastern Conference. Georgia is 14-7, 1-2 in the SEC.
- Georgia leads the all-time series 132-95-1, including a 66-37 record in Athens.
- UK has won three consecutive series meetings in Athens.
- UK head coach Gary Henderson has a 241-180 all-time record in his eighth year. He is the fastest coach to reach 200 wins in program history.
- Kentucky will return to action on Tuesday, hosting Morehead State at 6:30 p.m. ET at Cliff Hagan Stadium.
- Under Henderson, UK is 211-10 when staked to an eighth-inning lead and since he arrived in Lexington to direct the pitching staff, UK is 364-22 when owning an eighth-inning lead.
- UK is 12-0 when holding an eighth-inning lead in 2016.
- Kentucky is 3-1 on Sundays.
- UK is 4-0 vs. a left-handed starting pitcher.
- UK is 3-2 on the road.
- UK is 13-4 in day games.
- Kentucky is 12-1 when scoring first and 8-0 when scoring in the first inning.
- UK is 11-2 in March.
- UK is 1-0 in its black uniform, grey pants combination.
- Junior third baseman JaVon Shelby made his team-leading 123rd career start.
- Shelby has reached base safely in 106 of his 123 career starts.
- Shelby hit his fifth and sixth home runs of the year and has 19 in his career.
- Combined with his brother John Shelby (2004-06), the Shelby family has hit 52 career home runs.
- Shelby tripled for the fifth time in his career and the first in 2016.
- Shelby had a career-high seven RBI.
- Shelby had his second career multi-homer game and second of 2016.
- It marks the most RBI for a UK player in a game since Ryan Wilkes had eight RBI vs. Wright State in 2008.
- Junior DH Gunnar McNeill has reached base safely in 27 of his 33 career NCAA starts.
- McNeill has a team-high 14-game hitting streak.
- McNeill has reached in all 19 games of his UK career.
- McNeill doubled for the third time.
- McNeill collected his eighth multi-hit game.
- Sophomore first baseman Evan White has reached base safely in 65 of his 71 career starts.
- White has a 12 game hitting streak.
- White has made a team-leading 62 consecutive starts.
- Junior centerfielder Storm Wilson laid down his 13th career sac bunt and the third of 2016.
- Wilson is tied for 17th with Mike Brown (2006-07) and Mike Botkin (1979-82) for career sac bunts.
- Sophomore second baseman Luke Becker has reached base safely in 15 of his 17 career starts.
- Becker doubled for the fifth time.
- Senior righty Kyle Cody made his 52nd career appearance and his 33rd career start.
- UK is 4-1 in Cody’s starts in 2016 and 19-14 in his career.
- Senior righty Zach Strecker appeared in his 67th career game and his eighth of 2016.
- Strecker has inherited 59 runners in his career, allowing only 17 to score.
- Freshman leftfielder Tristan Pompey doubled for the third time.
- Sophomore southpaw Zach Logue appeared in his sixth game of the year and the 25th of his career.
- Freshman righty Justin Lewis appeared in his seventh game, earning his third save.
- Junior centerfielder Marcus Carson was hit by his first pitch of the year and the fifth of his career.