Baseball at Georgia -- 3/18/16 -- Postgame Notes
Kentucky at Georgia
March 18, 2016
Foley Field -- Athens, Ga.
FINAL SCORE: Georgia 5, Kentucky 2
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is 12-5, 0-1 in the Southeastern Conference. Georgia is 14-5, 1-0 in the SEC.
- Georgia leads the all-time series 132-93-1, including a 66-36 record in Athens.
- Georgia has won three consecutive meetings.
- UK head coach Gary Henderson has a 239-180 all-time record in his eighth year. He is the fastest coach to reach 200 wins in program history.
- The series will resume on Saturday at 2 p.m. ET at Foley Field. The game will be televised live on the SEC Network and broadcast live on the UK Radio Network.
- Kentucky is 1-1 in night games.
- UK is 1-2 on the road.
- UK is 9-5 vs. a right-handed starting pitcher.
- UK is 2-4 when its opponent scores first.
- UK is 0-1 in its blue uniform top and grey pants combination.
- Kentucky is 1-5 when out-hit by its opponent.
- UK is 1-5 when trailing after the seventh inning.
- UK is 2-3 on Fridays.
- UK is 9-2 in March.
- Junior DH Gunnar McNeill has reached base safely in 25 of his 31 career NCAA starts.
- McNeill has a team-high 12-game hitting streak.
- McNeill has reached in all 17 games of his UK career.
- McNeill charted his sixth multi-hit game.
- Junior third baseman JaVon Shelby made his team-leading 121st start.
- Shelby has reached base safely in 104 of his 121 career starts.
- Sophomore first baseman Evan White has reached base safely in 63 of his 69 career starts.
- White has a 10 game hitting streak.
- Junior centerfielder Storm Wilson has reached base safely in 78 of his 88 career starts.
- Wilson has reached base safely in 16 straight games.
- Junior righty Zack Brown made his fifth start of the year, appearing in his 39th career game and making his 24th start.
- UK is 2-3 in Brown’s starts in 2016 and 13-11 in his career starts.
- Brown has an 8-10 career record.
- Brown threw his fourth career complete game and his first of 2016.
- Sophomore second baseman Luke Becker has reached base safely in 13 of his 15 career starts.