Kentucky-Missouri Postgame Notes
5/19/2016 9:31:01 PM /
KENTUCKY BASEBALL POSTGAME NOTES
Missouri at Kentucky
May 19, 2016
Cliff Hagan Stadium, Lexington, Ky.
FINAL SCORE: Missouri 9, Kentucky 3
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is now 30-24 overall, 13-15 in the Southeastern Conference. Missouri is 26-27 overall, 9-19 in the SEC
- UK head coach Gary Henderson is 256-198 in his eighth season
- Missouri leads the series, 6-5
- Next for UK: Kentucky continues the series vs. Missouri.
* Friday at noon (*note this is a time change*)
* Saturday at 1 p.m. – Senior Day
* The games will be broadcast on the UK Sports Radio Network.
- Kentucky is 20-10 in home games this season
- UK is 19-21 when facing a right-handed starting pitcher
- UK has a 7-15 record in night games.
- Junior right-hander Zack Brown made his 14th start of the season. He pitched seven innings, allowing eight runs with four strikeouts.
- Junior left fielder Zach Reks singled in the sixth inning and hit a two-run homer in the eighth inning.
* It extended his hitting streak to a season-long nine games.
* Reks’ home run was his seventh of the season and his sixth long ball in the last 12 games.
- Sophomore first baseman Evan White had an RBI single in the eighth inning.
* It extended White’s current hitting streak to 12 games. It is his second double-digit hit streak of the season as he had a 21-game string from March 4 to April 3.
- Senior right fielder Dorian Hairston doubled in the seventh inning, his fourth two-bagger and ninth extra-base hit of the season.