2015 Kentucky Football Game Day Information
LEXINGTON, Ky. – With the beginning of football season only days away, the University of Kentucky event management staff has announced the following reminders and changes to game day operations on Saturdays at Commonwealth Stadium this fall.
UK Athletics has created a game day central website for fans to get answers about all game day operations questions. Before stepping foot on campus for a football game this fall, fans are strongly encouraged to visit http://ukathleticsgameday.com/football/ for all game day information needs. Information specific to Kentucky football’s Thursday night game on Oct. 15 will be announced later.
On the site, fans can read all about the 2015 game day operation changes listed below and more, including GuestAssist – Customer service text-messaging system; Twitter; Directions & Pre/Postgame Traffic; Parking/Tailgating Policies; Downtown & Campus Shuttles; RV Information – permitted RVs, non-permitted RVs; Maps – Permit Parking, Non-Permit Parking, Pre/Postgame Traffic Flow, Campus Shuttle, Downtown Shuttle, Stadium Diagram; Commonwealth Stadium A-Z – Stadium services, policies & procedures; About Lexington.
Should you have questions/concerns regarding your game day experience, please submit an email to the UK game day email account (BBNFirst@uky.edu). The UK Athletics Event Management Staff will respond to your inquiries in a timely manner.
For real-time updates regarding game day information, follow UK Athletics-Gameday on Twitter: @UKGamedayInfo.
WHAT UK FOOTBALL FANS NEED TO KNOW FOR HOME GAMES IN 2015:
- As you enter/exit Commonwealth Stadium gates, please be extremely cautious of vehicle traffic in surrounding lots and follow instructions of parking lot attendants.
- Gates 4, 9, 12 and suites will open two hours prior to kickoff.
- All other public gates will open 1 ½ hours prior to kickoff.
- Four Guest Services locations will be open 5 hours prior to kickoff, outside of Gates 1, 4, 9 & 12.
- There are five guest services locations on the lower concourse: near Gate 12 and inside Gates 2/3, 6/7, 10/11 and 14/15. On the upper concourse, guest service locations are behind sections 206 & 226 and near the Gate 12 ramp.
- Guests may obtain a complimentary 10-ounce cup of water from Commonwealth Stadium concession stands. With temperatures forecast in the 90s Saturday, guests are also reminded to stay hydrated.
Traffic, Shuttles & Parking
- Many season-ticket holders were reassigned to new lots this offseason. In your season ticket book we have included specific directions for your respective permit. By following these directions, and consulting the pregame traffic route diagram, you will gain access to your respective parking lot as efficiently as possible.
- Fans are encouraged to display their parking permit when they leave their homes, enabling traffic personnel to efficiently sort and direct vehicles approaching the complex.
-New Permits in 2015
- Silver – Located off Farm Road, accessible via University Drive
- Arboretum – Located off Alumni Drive, accessible via Tates Creek
- Non-permit parking is available on Cooper Drive on a first-come, first-served basis beginning at noon ET on Fridays. Additional non-permit parking is available in Parking Structures #2, #3 and #6.
- LexTran will not operate the UK Football Express Campus & Downtown shuttles for the 2015 season, but all regular LexTran routes will operate on game day. More information is available at http://www.lextran.com/route-maps/uk-football.
- Miller Transportation will operate campus and downtown shuttle routes independent of UK Athletics. More information is available at http://millertransportation.com/ and Miller Transportation can be reached at 859.255.2707.
As a reminder, below is a detailed description of the changes/enhancements continued for the 2015 season:
Commonwealth Stadium Gate Security & Carry-In Policy
- The University of Kentucky is committed to our primary mission of providing safe and secure venues. Based in large part on industry standards regarding security at large assembly events, the University of Kentucky has implemented a bag policy at Commonwealth Stadium.
- Backpacks and large bags are prohibited from entering Commonwealth Stadium. Fans will be permitted to bring in one small bag, no larger than 13.5 inches x 10 inches x 7 inches. The bag must fit within sizing bins at all entrance gates. UK officials are encouraging fans to arrive early and bring as few items as possible into the stadium.
- Questions, concerns or requests? Utilize GuestAssist for real-time guest services and assistance on game day from Commonwealth Stadium staff.
- Whether you need parking information or location of specific stadium services, GuestAssist makes it simple and easy.
- Download the free GuestAssist app to your smartphone via the App Store or Android Marketplace, or text CATS to 78247 with your message and seat location.
- The University of Kentucky encourages all guests to recycle. As you tailgate around the stadium, we ask that you place all recyclables into any of the recycling receptacles stationed throughout the area.
- If you are parking in any of the colored reserved parking lots, you will be given recycling bags as you enter the parking lots. Please deposit aluminum cans, plastic or glass bottles. Please do not deposit food or paper in these bags. Before you leave the lots to enter the game, please leave your bags behind your vehicle so that bags are accessible for collectors.
- If you tailgate postgame, please locate the nearest recycling receptacle and deposit your recyclable beverage containers before you leave.
- During the game, while inside Commonwealth Stadium, please deposit any recyclable beverage containers into the designated Coca-Cola receptacles.
Tow-Behind Trailer Policy
- Tow-behind trailers may not park on paved surface lots within the Commonwealth Stadium complex, unless they too have a parking permit.
- Guests bringing a tow-behind trailer on game day, without a parking permit for the trailer, will be directed to the nearest available grass lot. All tow-behind trailers will be directed to park in the nearest available grass lot.
Guest Golf Cart Use
- In the interest of safety for all guests, pedestrians, etc., guests’ golf carts are prohibited on the Commonwealth Stadium Complex to include all parking lots, sidewalks, streets, etc.
- This includes motorized scooters/coolers, etc.
- Scooters used by individuals with disabilities will be permitted.
Cooper Drive Tailgate & Parking
- Tailgate setups and vehicle parking may begin no earlier than noon ET on Fridays prior to game day.
Beginning at noon ET on Friday, two vehicles will be permitted to parallel park outside/along the painted 6’ restraining line, within each designated tailgate box/area. Vehicles will be restricted from parking in any water retention ditches, flood areas, sidewalks and any other marked areas.
Game day traffic on hospital drive - UK Medical Center Emergency Room
- Hospital Drive, connecting Limestone and University Drive, will be closed for Emergency Room traffic only on game day. Guests with Parking Structure #1 permits may access Parking Structure No. 1 via University Drive only.