Updates on 1700AM
Listen to Saturday Game Day traffic information on 1700AM. Additional updates are available via Twitter.
2014 UK Football Parking Regulations
- Real-time parking, traffic & lot closure information, follow @UKParking on Twitter and 1700AM as you approach the complex
- All parking is free. While a portion of the Blue & Red Lots will be designated for handicapped parking (valid state-issued hangtag is required to access), all remaining available lots will be first-come first-served, and will open at 8:00am on Saturday, April 26.
- See the Spring Game Parking Diagram on the map page for available lots. As we approach kick-off, surface lots surrounding Commonwealth Stadium are likely to near capacity. As such, guests are encouraged to take advantage of free parking in Parking Structures #1, #2, #3, #6 & #7.
- Beginning at 2:30 p.m., lots will be filled according to availability. If your desired lot is full upon arrival, you will be directed to the next available lot.
- Fans with tow-behind trailers will be directed to park in the nearest available grass lot (Orange or Purple).
- Spaces are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- No open alcoholic containers are permitted at Commonwealth Stadium.
- UK is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
Parking Map: Large
image | PDF for printing
Back to Top
- Parking lots open at 8:00 AM on Saturday, April 26.
- In order to accommodate the parking demand, please confine your tailgate to behind your vehicle and in one parking stall. ONE SPACE-ONE VEHICLE. Please keep all drive lanes clear for efficient vehicle ingress/egress.
- Large industrial-sized cookers and portable generators must be approved by UK Athletics prior to game day.
- Cooper Drive will be closed to all vehicle parking/tailgating.
- The Wildcat Refuge, located outside Gate 9 will open at 12:30p.m.
- The CatWalk will take place at approximately 1:45p.m. (subject to change).
- Golf Cart Policy
- In the interest of safety for all guests, pedestrians, etc. beginning 2010, guests’ golf cart use will be prohibited on the Commonwealth Stadium Complex to include all parking lots, sidewalks, streets, etc.
- This includes motorized scooters, coolers, etc.
- Guests are asked not to bring golf carts to the complex.
- Tailgate in back of your vehicle.
- Large industrial-size cookers must be approved by UK Athletics prior
to game day.
- Portable generators must be approved by UK Athletics for use and must have a decibel rating of 60DB or less.
- Open flames are not permitted without prior authorization from the University Fire Marshal's office. At least one (1) five pound all-purpose fire extinguisher (ABC) must be provided by the applicant. Cooking is not permitted within tent without prior authorization of the University Fire Marshal. Charcoal and other flammables must be properly extinguished and disposed of and cannot be placed in any dumpster or trash can
- Banners and signage recognizing businesses may not be posted on Commonwealth
Stadium property unless approved by UK Athletics.
- Caterers must have proper parking permits to be admitted.
- No parking on any green space between the Green, Red, and Blue lots.
- Music should be confined to your tailgate area. Any use of live bands or a DJ must be approved by UK Athletics prior to game day.
- Tents erected on green space may be no larger than 10'X 10', unless
otherwise approved by UK Athletics
- Fans using a tent or canopy over the tailgate of a vehicle should keep
the travel lanes open for vehicular traffic.
- UK is not responsible for any lost or stolen items. Do not leave valuables unattended. University Police officers are on patrol, but they are not responsible for your site.
Back to Top
Other Parking Suggestions
- Off-Campus Parking Suggestions:
- High Street Surface Lot (charges may apply)
- Transit Center Garage ($3 parking charge per vehicle; 200 W. Vine).
- Visitors utilizing off-campus parking options are encouraged to utilize the UK Football Express - Downtown Route. The Downtown Shuttle picks up at the following locations:
- Shops at Civic Center ; 430 W. Vine (shuttle tickets available for purchase at this location)
- LexTran Transit Center ; 200 W. Vine (shuttle tickets available for purchase at this location)
Back to Top
- A valid state issued hangtag or placard will be required to access free handicapped parking located in the Blue Lot outside Gate 12, Red Lot outside Gate 9 and Tobacco Research Center parking lot, accessible via Farm Rd, west of University Drive. Once disabled parking lots are full, guests will be directed to the closest available parking lot.
- Tobacco Research Center (Farm Rd.) handicapped shuttle will begin at 1:30pm, transporting guests to Commonwealth Stadium Gate 9. Return shuttles begin at the end of the 3rd quarter and will operate until 30 minutes post-game.
- Two 6-passenger golf carts will operate from Gate 9, transporting guests to requested gates outside the stadium.
Back to Top