What's New for 2014
Due to construction, guests will have to use stairs to access the ramps to Sections 128, 129, 130 and 131. For those with limited mobility, please use the ramps in Sections 127 and 132.
Beginning in 2014, Parking Structure #7 and the R-3 surface lots will no longer be operated as a pay-by-game parking, you must have a valid 2014 permit to access both areas. Display your parking permit from your rearview mirror upon entering the Lexington Metro Area.
- Please be advised, Commonwealth Stadium is under construction for the 2014 season
- Gates 10 & 11 will be closed for the duration of the season. All fans entering through the South side of the stadium can use Gates 9 & 12.
- Service Gates have moved to the following locations:
- UK Player Pass Gate: Gate 1
- Visiting Team Player Pass Gate: Gate 4
- Working Media/Photographers: Gate 5 (Elevator Lobby)
- Aramark/Concessions: Gate 12
- Committee of 101: Gate 4
- The media elevator on the lower north concourse of Commonwealth Stadium no longer exists; please use one of the four corner elevators.
- Due to construction of the future recruiting room, tunnels for sections 139 & 140 are closed. To access section 139 please use the stairs at section 138; to access section 140 please use the stairs at 141.
- Two Guest Services locations will be open 5 hours prior to kickoff, one outside of Gate 1 and the other outside of Gate 9.
- Two Guest Services locations have been added on the upper deck, one between sections 208 & 210 and the other between sections 225 & 226
- New Permits in 2014
- Yellow/Red- Located off Cooper Dr. between Nicholasville Rd. and University Dr.
- White- Located off Farm Rd., accessible via University Dr.
- Green/White- Located off Sports Center Dr. via Cooper Dr.
- Green/Black- Parking Structure 7, Located off Sports Center Dr.
- The campus shuttle route has changed, please see map (insert link to map)
- Shawneetown Road is now closed; non-football traffic will utilize an alternate route
- Be mindful and use extreme caution in the area immediately surrounding Commonwealth Stadium. Several new crosswalks have been installed around the stadium. Be aware of pedestrian traffic. Pedestrians have the right of way on campus.
- Please be mindful when entering stadium gates. Most gates are located within the construction area which will be made safe by University staff and contractors.
- The majority of the Orange Lot is now paved and vehicles will be required to adhere to all policies that apply to paved lots, including the one permit, one stall policy. Guests with tow-behind trailers will be asked to park in the grass portion of the Orange Lot.
As a reminder, below is a detailed description of the changes/enhancements continued for the 2014 season:
Commonwealth Stadium Gate Security & Carry-In Policy
- The University of Kentucky is committed to our primary mission of providing safe and secure venues. Based in large part on industry standards regarding security at large assembly events, the University of Kentucky adheres to the following bag policy at Commonwealth Stadium.
- Backpacks and large bags are prohibited from entering Commonwealth Stadium. Fans will be permitted to bring in one small bag, no larger than 13.5 inches x 10 inches x 7 inches. The bag must fit within sizing bins at all entrance gates. UK officials are encouraging fans to arrive early and bring as few items as possible into the stadium.
- Gates 4, 9, 12 and suites will open two hours prior to kickoff.
- All other public gates will open 1 ½ hours prior to kickoff.
- Questions, concerns or requests? Utilize GuestAssist for real-time guest services and assistance on game day.
- Download the free GuestAssist app to your smartphone via the App Store or Android Marketplace, or text CATS to 78247 with your message and seat location. The GuestAssist app provides a wealth of game day information and guest service functions.
- For real-time updates regarding game day information, follow UK Athletics-Gameday on Twitter: @UKGamedayInfo.
- The University of Kentucky encourages all guests to recycle. As you tailgate around the stadium, we ask that you place all recyclables into any of the recycling receptacles stationed throughout the area.
- If you are parking in any of the colored reserved parking lots, you will be given recycling bags as you enter the parking lots. Please deposit aluminum cans, plastic or glass bottles. Please do not deposit FOOD or PAPER in these bags. Before you leave the lots to enter the game, please leave your bags at the front your vehicle and collectors will pick up your recyclables after the game.
- If you tailgate postgame, please locate the nearest recycling receptacle and deposit your recyclable beverage containers before you leave.
- During the game, while inside Commonwealth Stadium, please deposit any recyclable beverage containers into the designated Coca-Cola receptacles.
Tow-Behind Trailer Policy
- Tow-behind trailers will not be allowed to park on paved surface lots within the Commonwealth Stadium complex, unless they too have a parking permit.
- Guests bringing a tow-behind trailer on game day, without a parking permit for the trailer, will be directed to the nearest grass lot (Purple or Orange grass area). All tow-behind trailers will be directed to park in the periphery of the Orange or Purple grass lots.
- Guests desiring to bring a tow-behind trailer without a parking permit for the trailer may contact the KFund parking office (859.257.6300) in advance to set up an in-person exchange of their Red, Blue or Green permit for an Orange or Purple grass lot permit.
Guest Motor Vehicle Use
- In the interest of safety for all guests, pedestrians, etc., guests’ golf carts will be prohibited on the Commonwealth Stadium Complex to include all parking lots, sidewalks, streets, etc.
- This includes motorized scooters/coolers, etc.
- Scooters used by individuals with disabilities will be permitted.
Cooper Drive Tailgate & Parking
- Tailgate setups and vehicle parking may begin no earlier than noon on Fridays prior to game day.
- Beginning at noon on Friday, two vehicles will be permitted to parallel park outside/along the painted 6’ restraining line, within each designated tailgate box/area. Vehicles will be restricted from parking in any water retention ditches, flood areas, sidewalks and any other marked areas.
Game day traffic on hospital drive - UK Medical Center Emergency Room
- Hospital Drive, connecting Limestone and University Drive, will be closed for Emergency Room traffic only on game day. Guests with Parking Structure #1 permits may access Parking Structure No. 1 via University Drive only.
Should you have questions/concerns regarding your game day experience, please submit an email to the UK game day email account (BBNfirst@uky.edu). The University of Kentucky Athletics Event Management Staff will respond to your inquiries in a timely manner.