Every Tuesday, UK Athletics recognizes outstanding performances for our student-athletes. These are the honorees for the week ending Sunday, Dec. 15:
Men's basketball: Willie Cauley-Stein
- Averaged 5.5 points, 9.5 rebounds and seven blocked shots this week
- The nine blocks rank as the second-most in a single-game for UK and matches a career-high for the sophomore
- Pulled down 12 rebounds vs. North Carolina ...one shy of a career high
- Has three or more blocked shots in five-straight games
- The three steals marked a team-high for the weekend.
Men's basketball: James Young
- Reached double-figure scoring in the opening half vs. Boise State
- Hit a team-high six 3-pointers for the weekend
- Has hit at least one 3-pointer in all but one game this season
- Was UK's leading scorer in the win over Boise State
- Has hit more 3-pointers than any other UK player
- The nine re bounds vs. Boise State is a career high ... first guard to come one rebound shy of a career double-double this season.