Every Tuesday, UK Athletics recognizes outstanding performances for our student-athletes. These are the honorees for the week ending Sunday, Dec. 1:
Men's basketball: Willie Cauley-Stein
- Julius Randle is first freshman and just the fourth Wildcat in program history and the first since Jim Andrews in 1971-72 to open the season with five-straight double-double efforts.
- He's the first UK player to have five-straight games with double-figure rebounding since Anthony Davis to conclude the 2012 season.
- Has scored 20 or more points in four of five games this season.
- Randle's 68 rebounds is the most for any UK freshman in the John Calipari era, besting Terrence Jones' 51. Randle is just two points shy of matching Jones' scoring output through the first five games with 104 points.
- Dished out four assists against UT Arlington and that number is a season-high.
- The two blocks ranks as a season-high.
Men's basketball: Aaron Harrison
- Led the team with 18.5 points per game in two UK wins this week.
- Notched 22 points and a career-high seven rebounds in win over Eastern Michigan.
- Logged 15 points and added a career-high four assists vs. Providence.
- Scored in double-digits by halftime of both games.
- Connected on a career-high seven field goals for a .778 percentage vs. Providence.
- Has hit a 3-pointer in four-straight outings.
- Sunk a career-high nine free throws vs. Eastern Michigan.