Every Tuesday, UK Athletics recognizes outstanding performances for our student-athletes. These are the honorees for the week ending Sunday, Apr. 1:
Baseball: Austin Cousino
Freshman centerfielder Austin Cousino launched three homers, owned a .375 average (6-for-16) and paced the club with nine RBI to help carry Kentucky to a midweek win over Western Kentucky and its first series win at No. 18 Georgia since 2000 ... Hit three homers during the four-game week, adding five runs, two walks, one hit by pitch, two sacrifice bunts and a stolen base ... Has hit a homer in four of his last five games, including a stretch of three consecutive that was snapped in the second game of a doubleheader Saturday, hours after his three-run homer rallied UK from a six-hole deficit in the first of the twinbill ... Launched another three-run homer to kick off the week in a win over Western Kentucky, adding a single ... In the series opener at UGA, with UK trailing 6-0, launched a seventh-inning, three-run homer over the cavernous right-centerfield fence at Foley Field to spark a six-run inning to even the game ... In a pressure-laden rubber match at UGA Sunday, batted 2-for-5 with three RBI, including a two-run homer in the fourth inning ... During the series at UGA, Cousino launched two homers and had six RBI, with a steal, two sacrifice bunts and four runs scored ... Cousino ranks among the SEC leaders in nearly every category, ranking ninth in average (.358), eighth in slugging (.583), first in runs scored (31), third in hits (43), 11th in RBI (24), fourth in doubles (10), eighth in home runs (five), second in total bases (70), 10th in steals (six) and first in at bats (120) ... Cousino is also leading the club with four outfield assists ... He already ranks among the all-time UK freshmen hitting records in home runs (ninth), 22nd in RBI (24) and 22nd in hits (24), through his first 29 career games ... He has hit safely in 26 of his 27 games in 2012.
Track & field: Raymond Dykstra
- Set a career-best mark in the javelin with a throw of 75.41m/247-05.
- His javelin mark is the best in program history.
- Now holds the UK freshman record in the javelin.
- Finished third in the javelin at the Texas Relays.
Track & field: Terri-Ann Grant
- Career-best mark in the high jump of 1.81m/5-11.25.
- Second-best mark in Kentucky history.
- Finished third in the event at the Texas Relays.
- Broke her previous career-best mark by 1.25 inches.
Men's tennis: Tom Jomby
Was the star of Kentucky's win over No. 3 Georgia, winning a three-set thriller at court 4 to give the Wildcats the win. The native of Nantes, France won a third-set tiebreaker 7-1 to earn the win over No. 33 Ignacio Taboada.
Baseball: Corey Littrell
Sophomore starter Corey Littrell turned in his second consecutive winning effort in a road rubber match, leading UK to its first series win in Athens since the 2000 season on Sunday... Worked a career-high 7.2 innings in the win at No. 18 Georgia on Sunday, allowing eight hits and one run, walking two and striking out five ... Littrell ranks among the SEC leaders in several categories, including fourth in ERA (1.88), eighth in innings pitched (43.0), ninth in strikeouts (41), sixth in wins (four) and first in pickoffs.
Track & field: Luis Orta
- Ran a career-best time in the 3,000-meter steeplechase.
- Third-best 3,000m steeplechase in school history.
- Won the race at the Texas Relays by 4.27 seconds.
- Was competing in his first outdoor race of the year.
Men's golf: David Snyder
- Finished in a tie for second at the Hootie at Bulls Bay Intercollegiate.
- Recorded a career-low 54-hole total of 212, 4-under-par.
- His second-place finish is his best in his collegiate career.
- Has now had 15.5 of his 17 rounds played counted toward the team score - best rate on the team (91 percent).
Track & field: Keilah Tyson
- Broke the Kentucky 100m dash freshman record.
- Her time of 11.52 in the 100m dash is a career-best and the third best in school history.
- Finished 10th in the 100m dash at the Texas Relays.
- Was the top freshman finisher in the 100m dash at the Texas Relays.
Baseball: Michael Williams
UK senior catcher Michael Williams hit .500 (8-for-16) during a four-game week, leading the Wildcats to their first series win at No. 18 Georgia since the 2000 season ... A native of Knoxville, Tenn., Williams launched two doubles and led the club with nine RBI ... In a series-evening game at Georgia on Saturday, Williams notched a career-high four RBI, including a bases-clearing double that erased a three-run hole early in the game ... Went 2-for-4 in the Saturday win to even the series ... Collected a career-high three hits in the rubber match win, including two RBI, a walk and a double ... In the series opener at UGA, recorded one hit ... In a midweek win over Western Kentucky, Williams batted 2-for-3, tying his then career-high with three RBI, drawing a walk ... On the year, Williams has hit .310 (27-for-87) with three doubles, one homer, 22 RBI and 10 walks, despite missing five games due to a finger injury on his catching hand.