Every Tuesday, UK Athletics recognizes outstanding performances for our student-athletes. These are the honorees for the week ending Sunday, Jan. 22:
Men's basketball: Anthony Davis
Anthony Davis helped lead the Wildcats to a 2-0 mark on the week ... Davis tallied seven blocks in the win over Arkansas breaking the Kentucky single-season blocks record, he now has 93 on the season besting the previous record of 83 ... Tallied his 10th double-double of the season against Arkansas ... Hit four big free throws, going 4-4 from the free throw line inside the final 3:30 to help seal win against Alabama ... Leads the nation in blocks and the SEC in field goal percentage ... He did break the UK freshman record for blocks this week ... Davis now has more blocks than eight other teams in the league and entered the weekend's game with more than 302 other schools
Women's basketball: Bria Goss
- Scored a career-high 22 points, including a career-high tying three 3-pointers, on the road at No. 15/14 Georgia.
- Scored 17 of her team- and career-high 22 points at Georgia in the second half, rallying the Wildcats from a 10-point second half deficit.
- While her shot wasn't falling vs. Florida, Goss relied on her defense to help push UK to victory, taking three charges and grabbing a team- and career-high nine rebounds.
- Hit both of her free throws with 22.8 seconds left to help preserve UK's victory over Florida.
- Has started in every game this season.
- Leading freshman scorer in the SEC.
Men's basketball: Terrence Jones
Scored in double-figures in both games helping to lead Kentucky to a 2-0 mark on the week ... Has scored in double-figures in six-straight games ... Blocked a career-best five shots in win over Arkansas ... Scored a team-high 15 points in win over Alabama to help push Kentucky's home-winning streak to a national best 47-straight
Women's basketball: Samarie Walker
- Scored a career-high 18 points and grabbed a career-high nine rebounds in just 20 minutes of play at No. 15/14 Georgia.
- Was one rebound shy of recording her first double-double of the season on the road against No. 15/14 Georgia (18 points, nine rebounds).
- Blocked a career-high tying three shots vs. Florida and also had a career-high tying three steals vs. the Gators.
- Scored nine points and grabbed seven boards vs. Florida.
- Averaged 13.5 points, the second most on the team, and a team-high 8.0 rebounds in a pair of UK wins over the week.
- Shot 73.3 percent (11-15) from the field, the highest shooting percentage on the team.