Michael Kidd-Gilchrist (14 points, 11 rebounds) chipped in with the fourth double-double of his freshman campaign, but it was the Wildcats' defense that made this game a 13-point win. The home-standing Bulldogs hit just 19-of-55 (34.5 percent) attempts from the field and were outrebounded 41-26 as UK exceeded its SEC road win total from a year ago with its third victory in as many tries.
The 44 points were the fewest allowed by UK since Nov. 23 against Radford as the two teams slugged it out in the Wildcats' slowest-paced game of the season (56 possessions).
I was not in attendance for the Cats' win, but a handful of Kentucky-affiliated media were, so here are a few stories to help you get your fill from Tuesday night:
- Miller finds his groove but Calipari demanding perfection (Eric Lindsey, CoachCal.com)
- Kentucky claws the Dawgs of Georgia (Kyle Tucker, Louisville Courier-Journal)
- Darius Miller leads No. 1 Kentucky past Georgia (Jerry Tipton, Lexington Herald-Leader)
- Miller paces Cats to easy win (Brett Dawson, CatsIllustrated.com)
- Rapid Rewind: Miller bites Dogs (Matt May, CatsPause.com)
- Georgia "overpowered" by No. 1 Kentucky (Chip Towers, Atlanta Journal-Constitution)
- Video: Cal, Miller, Davis discuss team's unselfish play (CoachCal.com)