Every Tuesday, UK Athletics recognizes outstanding performances for our student-athletes. These are the honorees for the week ending Sunday, Dec. 25:
Men's basketball: Anthony Davis
The league’s leading shot-blocker averaged a double-double on the week, leading the Wildcats to a 2-0 record with wins over Samford and Loyola (Md.) … Davis tallied his fifth double-double of the season against Loyola, the second most by a Wildcat this year … Davis shot 87.5 pct. from the free throw line on the week … He tallied five blocks and three steals in Kentucky’s win over Samford
Women's basketball: Samantha Drake
- Scored a team-high 18 points against Samford, going a perfect 6-6 from the field and an impressive 6-7 from the free-throw line, and grabbed three boards and dished out two assists.
- Is 14-17 (.824) from the field and 11-14 from the foul line (.786) over the last two games, averaging 19.5 points per game.
- Has reached double figures in scoring in six of the last seven games.
- Had zero turnovers against Samford.
Women's basketball: Bria Goss
- Scored 11 points and grabbed four boards against Samford.
- Has reached double figures in scoring in 10 of 12 games for the Wildcats.
- Has started in every game this season.
- On the season (among players who have played three or more games), ranks second on the team in scoring (12.5 ppg), third in rebounding (5.1 rpg), fourth in assists (1.8 apg) and third in steals (1.9 spg).
- Averaging 15.8 points, 4.0 rebounds and 2.5 steals over the Kentucky’s last four contests.
Men's basketball: Darius Miller
Posted a pair of double-figure scoring games in helping UK to a 2-0 record on the week … Also had eight assists on the week to just two turnovers … Has scored in double-figures in three-straight games … Kentucky’s highest active scoring leader is just 40 points shy of UK’s prestigious 1,000-point club