Every Tuesday, UK Athletics recognizes outstanding performances for our student-athletes. These are the honorees for the week ending Sunday, Dec. 18:
Men's basketball: Anthony Davis
Anthony Davis tallied his fourth double-double this season and is now averaging a double-double on the season ... Blocked five shots and is leading the league with a 4.4 block/game average ... His 18 rebounds tied for the second most by a freshman in school history and was two off the freshman record ... He's on pace to finish with 145 blocks on the season, more than 60 blocks better than the current school record
Women's basketball: Samantha Drake
- Scored a team- and career-high 21 points against No. 3/3 Notre Dame, including a career-high eight made field goals, while also grabbing four rebounds and blocking one shot.
- Shot over 50 percent from the field, converting on eight of 11 shot attempts.
- Her 21 points is the second most points scored by a Wildcat this season.
- Had zero turnovers vs. Notre Dame.
- Played 22 minutes against Notre Dame.
- Has reached double figures in scoring in five of the last six contests.
Women's basketball: Bria Goss
- Scored 14 points, grabbed five boards, passed out two assists and had two steals against No. 3 Notre Dame.
- Played a team- and career-high 35 minutes on the road in a sold-out, hostile environment at No. 3 Notre Dame.
- Played a career-high 35 minutes against No. 3 Notre Dame, often drawing the assignment of guarding Notre Dame All-America guard Skylar Diggins.
- Has reached double figures in scoring in nine of 11 games for the Wildcats.
- Has started in every game this season.
- On the season (among players who have played two or more games), ranks second on the team in scoring (12.5 ppg), third in rebounding (5.2 rpg), fourth in assists (2.0 apg) and third in steals (2.1 spg).
- Averaging 17.3 points, 4.0 rebounds and 3.3 steals over the Kentucky's last three contests.
Men's basketball: Doron Lamb
Posted a game-high 24 points in Kentucky's win over Chattanooga, two points off his season-best ... Also pulled down a season-high six rebounds while hitting a season-best four 3-pointers ... Leads the team in scoring, 3-point shooting and free throw shooting ... Has hit multiple 3-pointers in four-straight games
Women's basketball: A'dia Mathies
- Scored 17 points on 5-8 shooting, including 2-3 from beyond the arc and 5-6 at the charity stripe against No. 3 Notre Dame.
- Also had three rebounds, three assists and two steals against the Fighting Irish.
- Has reached double figures in scoring in every game this season.
- Has scored at least 17 points in each of the last three games she has played in.
- Recorded two steals to move into ninth all-time at UK with 203 career steals.