Every Tuesday, UK Athletics recognizes outstanding performances for our student-athletes. These are the honorees for the week ending Sunday, Nov. 6:
Football: Winston Guy
Earned his seventh double-figure tackle game of the season against Ole Miss when he had 10 tackles, including 2.5 tackles for loss and a quarterback hurry. One of his biggest plays came in the first quarter when he tracked down a speedy Ole Miss ball carrier en route to the end zone, saving a touchdown.
Cross country: Luis Orta
- Junior Luis Orta finished fifth at the SEC Cross Country Championships on Monday.
- Orta is the first UK cross country runner to earn first team All-SEC honors since current assistant coach Thomas Morgan won the SEC Championships in 2003.
- Orta ran a 24:28.36 on the 8,000-meter course in Maryville, Tenn.
- Led Kentucky to a fourth-place team finish, its best team result at the conference meet since 1992, when the Wildcats finished in third.
Men's tennis: Eric Quigley
- Advanced to the semifinals of the USTA/ITA Nation Indoor Intercollegiate Championships, taking down two top-24 ranked players along the way.
- Went 3-1 at the event, increasing his career record to 137-43, sitting only seven wins shy of tying the school record for singles wins in a career.
- Quigley was honored with the 2011 USTA/ITA Sportsmanship Award as selected by a panel of coaches, officials and tournament committee members.
Football: Maxwell Smith
Earned his first career start and performed well, completing 19 of 36 passes for 283 yards and two touchdowns in the win over Ole Miss. His 283 passing yards is the most ever in one game for a Kentucky true freshman (non-redshirt) quarterback. The old record was 208 yards by Larry McCrimmon vs. Florida in 1978.
Football: Danny Trevathan
Continued his brilliance this season with his second consecutive 17-tackle performance against Ole Miss. Also earned his fourth career interception, including one in each of the last three games. He becomes the first player to notch picks in three consecutive games since Tremayne Martin had an interception in the first three games of the 1997 season.
Football: CoShilk Williams
Second career 100-yard rushing game against Ole Miss when he rushed a career high 25 times for 111 yards and two touchdowns. Has played well in UK's last three games, rushing 62 times for 323 yards and two touchdowns.