Every Tuesday, UK Athletics recognizes outstanding performances for our student-athletes. These are the honorees for the week ending Sunday, Nov. 27:
Women's basketball: Bria Goss
- Averaged a team-high 12.0 points per game in UK's three wins while shooting a team-high field goal percentage (.519). Also had the most made field goals on the team (14).
- Reached double figures in scoring every game this week, including a career-high 13 points in two games this week (Nebraska Omaha and Mississippi Valley State).
- Finished the week second on the team in rebounds (6.0 rpg), third in assists (2.0 apg) and third in steals (2.0 spg).
- Continues to shoot well from the free-throw line, going 6-7 from the charity stripe this week to push her total to a team-best 15-17 (.882).
- Led the team in scoring against Nebraska Omaha with a game-high 13 points.
- Had a team-high tying 13 points against Mississippi Valley State to go along with a team-high tying three steals.
Men's basketball: Anthony Davis
Anthony Davis just missed averaging a double-double on the week by two rebounds while leading Kentucky to a 2-0 mark on the week and a 6-0 start to the season ... Davis did record his second double-double of the season inn UK's win over Portland with 13 points and 12 rebounds ... He posted a pair of four-block games on the week and is averaging a league best 4.3 blocks per game ... Davis has multiple blocks in all six games this season.
Football: Matt Roark
- Senior wide receiver Matt Roark made his first start at quarterback for Kentucky in its historic win over Tennessee. Roark was 4-for-6 passing for 15 yards and rushed 24 times for 124 yards. All totals are career highs. Roark's longest completion was a 15-yard toss to tight end Nick Melillo.
- Roark rushed for over 100 yards in the game, marking the first time a UK player has rushed for over 100 yards since Coshik Williams gained 111 against Ole Miss earlier this season.
Men's basketball: Terrence Jones
Posted season bests in back-to-back games this week helping lead UK to a 2-0 record and a 6-0 mark on the season ... Shot 50 pct. from the field on the week including 75 pct. from 3-point range ... Posted back-to-back multiple block games and has three-straight and four on the season ... Tallied a season-high two steals in win over Portland
Women's basketball: A'dia Mathies
- Averaged 11.3 points and a team-high 5.6 steals to go along with 5.3 rebounds per game in UK's three wins.
- Swiped a career-high nine steals against Nebraska Omaha.
- Her nine steals against Nebraska Omaha are tied for the second most steals in a single game in UK history.
- Moved into the top 10 all-time in steals at UK (195).
- Reached double figures in scoring in every game this week and moved up to No. 25 on the UK all-time scoring list (1,034).
- Helped lead UK to an undefeated week, beating its opponents by an average of 31 points.