Every Tuesday, UK Athletics recognizes outstanding performances for our student-athletes. These are the honorees for the week ending Sunday, Nov. 13:
Volleyball: Whitney Billings
Sophomore Whitney Billings had another electrifying weekend for the Wildcats as she guided UK to a pair of tough road victories this week. Billings totaled back-to-back double-double efforts for just the second time this season. She led the squad with 28 kills on the week and an astounding .377 hitting percentage. Her 17 kills in the victory over Ole Miss marked a season-high. With two matches with an above .300 hitting clip, Billings has now notched eight matches this season against league foes with an above .300 percentage. Her all-around performance continues to be UK's "X-factor" as it peaks towards the end of the season. The sophomore averaged 3.25 digs per set and had nearly a block per frame as well. Her 4.12 points per stanza paced the squad, well above her 2.97 season average.
Men's basketball: Anthony Davis
Anthony Davis tallied a double-double in his first career outing He tallied 23 points on 10-of-13 shooting from the field, of which eight of those field goals were dunks ... Davis because the second UK freshman (Terrence Jones) in as many years to post a double-double in his first career outing ... He also added five blocks and three assists to his stat line.
Women's basketball: Kastine Evans
- Sophomore Kastine Evans came off the bench to crush her previous career high (11 points) with a game-best 23 points in 25 minutes during UK's season-opening win at Morehead State
- Hit 8-of-12 from the field, including a career-high tying two 3-point field goals
- Found a way to get to the free-throw line a team-high six times, make five free throws
- Also charted two steals, three rebounds and an assist in the balanced effort
Rifle: Henri Junghänel
- Henri Junghänel led UK to wins over Ohio State and Murray State in a dual-match on Saturday, leading the team in both guns.
- Junghänel posted a 593 in air rifle and a 585 in smallbore to pace the Wildcats. A redshirt junior, he entered the match leading the team in smallbore average and ranking third in air rifle average.
Volleyball: Stephanie Klefot
Junior Stephanie Klefot provides the Wildcat defensive unit with a consistency that is unmatched in the league. Klefot registered 17 digs in a three-set victory over Alabama and also provided the UK offensive effort with a career-high seven assists. She then turned around and matched a season-high with 28 assists in the victory at Ole Miss. She also added her first kill of the season and recorded a pair of aces to open up the scoring in the decisive fifth frame. With 45 digs this weekend, Klefot has now accumulated 494 for the season which is the eighth most in a single-season in UK history. Her 28-dig performance against the Rebels marked the 20th time in her career she had topped 20 or more scoops in a match. She has recorded 10 or more digs in all but one match this season, including a span of 18 consecutive which she is currently holding.
Football: Nick Melillo
- Had a career game against Vanderbilt, earning his first career touchdown reception and posting a career high in receptions and receiving yards.
- Finished the game with four catches for 59 yards, including two reception of 20-yards or more. Melillo's touchdown catch was a 22-yarder, while his longest of the game was a 25-yard reception.