The University of Kentucky Athletic Association Board of Directors approved UK Athletics' operating budget for a 2011-12 fiscal year in a meeting held Thursday on UK's campus.
The budget was approved at $83.6 million, which is estimated to be the sixth- or seventh-largest budget in the Southeastern Conference in the upcoming fiscal year. UK Athletics is estimating a $4 million increase in escalating expenses next year but will remain self-supporting.
Among UK Athletics' expenses are upgrades to some of the department's facilities and operations, which include:
- Concrete/structural repair in Commonwealth Stadium ($150,000)
- Shively Sports Center renovation ($950,000)
- Video board at Softball Complex ($300,000)
- Cosmetic upgrades at the Center for Academic and Tutorial Services ($100,000)
- Commonwealth Stadium steel painting ($150,000)
- Commonwealth Stadium scoreboards ($1.65M)
- New track and field project ($1.1M)
Thursday was the final UK Athletics board meeting for outgoing President Dr. Lee T. Todd, Jr. and his wife, Patsy. UK Athletics presented Patsy Todd with a blanket made of every one of UK's team shirts.