Every Tuesday, UK Athletics recognizes outstanding performances for our student-athletes. These are the honorees for the week ending Sunday, Jan. 9:
Women's basketball: Victoria Dunlap
- Averaged a team-high 17.7 points and 9.3 rebounds in a tough three-game stretch for Kentucky.
- Jumped four spots on UK's all-time scoring list to No. 6 with 1,525 points.
- Put together her third double-double of the season against Arkansas with 26 points and 13 rebounds and now has 25 in her career to tie Josh Mills for No. 3 all-time on UK's all-time double-doubles list.
- Hit 8-of-10 from the free-throw line against Georgia and now has 376 career free throws, moving her into third place on UK's all-time free-throws made list.
- Totaled four blocks in the week and needs just one more to move to No. 2 on that list.
Swimming & diving: Greg Ferrucci
- Came in third place in the men's one-meter championship at the Tennessee Diving Invitational on Jan. 3
- Earned a sixth-place finish in the men's three-meter championship at the Tennessee Diving Invitational on Jan. 4.
- Came in fifth place on the platform at the Tennessee Diving Invitational on Jan. 5
- Recorded a second-place finish on the three-meter board in Columbia, S.C., in the Cats' double dual meet against South Carolina and the College of Charleston.
- Scored a 385.90 to win the one-meter board in the Cats' double dual meet against the Gamecocks and the College of Charleston.
- Currently holds the second best score in UK history on the platform dive, the third best mark in the men's three-meter board and the fourth best score in the men's one meter board.
Gymnastics: Andrea Mitchell
Performed well in the team's first event of the year, finishing in the top five in three events to help Kentucky defeat No. 17 Illinois and Northern Illinois with a score of 194.350 ... Was solid on each event, however was the star of the meet on floor, posting a career-high mark of 9.95 for her first career event title on that event ... The high score was the third highest posting in school history, becoming only the seventh gymnasts in UK history to record a score of 9.5 or higher on floor ... With the impressive mark, Mitchell ranks No. 1 in the country on floor, posting the highest score on the event so far this season ... Was also impressive on bars, where she has developed a new routine for this season, scoring a solid score of 9.775 ... Finished third in the all around competition and first on the UK team with a score of 38.975.