Every Tuesday, UK Athletics recognizes outstanding performances for our student-athletes. These are the honorees for the week ending Sunday, Jan. 23:
Women's basketball: Victoria Dunlap
- Averaged a team-high 14.5 points, 8.5 rebounds, 3.0 steals and 2.5 assists in UK's two SEC wins over Florida and Vanderbilt last week.
- Hit a go-head jumper with 44 seconds left and then stepped up and hit the game-winning free throws with 10 seconds left in the game to give UK its first SEC road win and first win at Florida since 2006.
- Grabbed a team-high eight rebounds vs. Florida.
- With six steals during the week and 268 in her career, she moved up to No. 4 on UK's all-time steals list, passing Rita Adams (267 from 1999-2003).
- With 977 career rebounds, she moved into second place on UK's all-time rebounding list, passing Jennifer Humphrey who had 964 rebounds from 2003-07.
- Charted a near double-double with a team-high-tying 17 points and game-high nine rebounds in UK's win over Vanderbilt. Also charted a game-high four steals.
- Has scored in double figures 16 times this season, including seven in a row.
Men's basketball: Brandon Knight
Knight, a 6-3 guard from Ft. Lauderdale, Fla., averaged 18.5 points, 5.5 rebounds, 2.5 assists and 2.0 steals in games at Alabama and at South Carolina. Knight scored in double-figures for the 13th and 14th straight games last week and recorded his eighth 20-point game with a game-high 23 points in UK's win at South Carolina. The eight 20-point games ties for third most by a freshman in school history, one off the record set by Patrick Patterson and Rex Chapman. Knight also pulled down a career-high seven rebounds in win at South Carolina. He has hit multiple 3-pointers in four straight games, hitting 13 triples over the last four games.
Women's basketball: Jennifer O'Neill
- Averaged 12.5 points off the bench in just 21.5 minutes per game in UK's two SEC wins over Florida and Vanderbilt last week.
- Came off the bench to score a career-high 15 points in UK's first SEC road win and first win at Florida since 2006.
- Scored five straight points in the final four minutes in helping UK claw back from a 10-point deficit with just 5:29 remaining in the game.
- Hit a career-high three 3-pointers vs. the Gators.
- Scored 10 points in a reserve role in UK's win over Vanderbilt while also grabbing a steal and a block.
- Perfect from the free-throw line during the week, hitting all five attempts.
- Has scored in double figures in UK's last three SEC wins.