Every Tuesday, UK Athletics recognizes outstanding performances for our student-athletes. These are the honorees for the week ending Sunday, Jan. 2:
Women's basketball: Samantha Drake
- Recorded her first career double-double with 14 points and 13 rebounds against UT-Martin. Also charted a career-high three steals in the win.
- First UK freshman to grab a double-double since Victoria Dunlap in 2007-08.
- Scored a career-high 14 points after netting 8-of-12 from the free-throw line.
- More than doubled her previous career high of six rebounds, with a career-best 13 rebounds, including eight offensive boards.
- With two blocks in the week, is now T-7th in the SEC in blocks and leads all freshmen in the category.
Men's basketball: Josh Harrellson
Scored double-digits in both games this week, including a career-high 23 point in UK’s win at 22nd ranked Louisville … Tied career high with 14 rebounds at Louisville … Recorded his third double-double this season and fourth this year … 20-10 game against Louisville was first of his career … Hit second 3-pointer this season, during a stretch where he scored 12 of UK’s first 17 points of the second half against the Cardinals
Men's basketball: Brandon Knight
Dished out career-best and game-high eight assists in win against Winthrop … Hit multiple 3-pointers in win against Winthrop, it was his 10th time doing so this season … Tallied game-high and career-best 25 points in win at No. 22 Louisville … Hit multiple 3-pointers against the Cardinals for the 11th time this season and eighth straight game … Scored seven-straight point in crucial first-half run for the Wildcats against Louisville to help extend UK’s lead from five to 10 (21-16 to 28-18) … Scored in double figures for eight games
Women's basketball: Keyla Snowden
- Led UK to wins over Middle Tennessee and UT-Martin last week with 16 and 17 points, respectively.
- Led UK in field goal percentage, netting 11-of-20 from the field, including .562 percent from beyond the arc.
- Totaled 9-of-16 (.562) from 3-point land in two games, moving to the top of the SEC in three-point field goal percentage and three-point field goals made per game.
- Has hit four or more threes in four consecutive games.
- Has now hit 20-of-35 three-point field goals during the last four games.
- Had a season-high tying three assists against UT-Martin.
- Increased her school-record streak to 22 consecutive games hitting at least one three-pointer.