Every Tuesday, UK Athletics recognizes outstanding performances for our student-athletes. These are the honorees for the week ending Sunday, Nov. 28:
Volleyball: Whitney Billings
Freshman Whitney Billings had an outstanding performance against No. 21 Tennessee with a match-high 12 kills on .233 hitting. Billings charted the best hitting clip of any UK player in the match while having the highest number of attempts. Billings also posted a pair of blocks and added six digs in her overall performance. Billings took on six service attempts and was perfect in her reception attempts. With 12 kills against the Lady Vols, Billings has now topped 10 or more kills in a match on 17 occasions this season. She has led the Blue and White in kills 12 times for the season.
Women's basketball: Kastine Evans
- Freshman Kastine Evans was named to the Lady Eagle Thanksgiving Classic All-Tournament team after averaging 10.5 points, 7.5 rebounds and 3.0 steals in the two-game event.
- Came off the bench to post career-high numbers against Murray State in the first game with a career-high 11 points and eight rebounds in just 22 minutes of play.
- Contributed 10 points and seven rebounds off the bench against Southern Miss., in the championship game, helping the Wildcats improve to 5-0 and when their 28th all-time regular-season tournament title.
Men's basketball: Terrence Jones
Named to the EA Sports Maui Invitational All-Tournament team ... 29 points against Oklahoma tied for second most points in a game by a UK freshman in school history ... 17 rebounds against No. 11 Washington was third most rebounds by a freshman in school history ... Scored in double digits in all three games in Hawaii, while posting double-doubles in two of the three games, including his second 20-10 game of the season against Oklahoma ... Set career highs in points against Oklahoma (29), rebounds against Washington (17), 3-pointers made against UConn (4) and blocks against Oklahoma and Washington (4)
Volleyball: Stephanie Klefot
Sophomore Stephanie Klefot had another terrific performance for the Blue and White with 18 digs in a three set match against 21st-ranked Tennessee on Wednesday. Her six digs per set is well above her average of 4.65 digs per frame in conference play. With 18 scoops, Klefot has now charted 511 for the season which is the fifth highest single-season total in school history. She also becomes just the fifth player in school allure to chart 500 digs in a single season. With 344 digs for the conference season, she leads the league with an average of 4.65 and has posted nine more digs than the next highest player. Klefot has led the Wildcats in digs on 26 occasions this season and has charted 10 or more scoops in 27 contests.
Women's basketball: A'dia Mathies
- Sophomore A'dia Mathies was named the Most Valuable Player of the Lady Eagle Thanksgiving Classic after averaging 20.0 points, 7.0 rebounds and 3.5 steals in the two-game event.
- Registered her first collegiate double-double, scoring a game-high 26 points and grabbing a career-high 10 rebounds against Murray State in the opening round.
- It marked her first 20-plus point game of the season and eighth of her career.
- Led UK to its 28th all-time tournament title and a 5-0 record with a team-high 14 points in the championship game against Southern Miss.
- Added a season-high six steals against the Lady Eagles, just one away from her career high.
- Jumped to UK's leader in overall scoring this season, averaging 16.0 points per game.
- Has now scored in double figures 30 times in 41 career games, including four of five this season.