The NBA Combine is currently going on in Chicago, where former UK players John Wall, DeMarcus Cousins, Patrick Patterson, Eric Bledsoe and Daniel Orton are at this weekend.
Although not all will go through the workouts, all headed to Chicago with hopes of improving or maintaining their already high draft statuses.
Several of the former Cats were available for media interviews on Thursday. Although I'm not in Chicago (I'm actually headed with the UK softball team on Friday to the NCAA Tournament), several of the local scribes headed up to the Windy City for the event. Below are some features from the guys, and I'll make sure to post more as they hit Internet.
- Matt May from The Cats' Pause writes on Daniel Orton's decision to turn pro
- Jerry Tipton of the Lexington Herald-Leader also has a feature on Orton, including some of the harsh reaction he took from fans on his decision
- The Associated Press writes about the competition between Wall and Ohio State's Evan Turner for the top spot in the draft
- Brett Dawson from the Courier-Journal writes that NBA teams are gauging Cousins' temper
- May from TCP on Wall and his hopes to land in Washington as the top pick