Event Management - Staff Recruitment Page
Involvement in the UK Event Staff is an excellent part-time employment opportunity within the UK Athletics Department. During the Summer, from June through the end of July, UK Event Management engages in a recruitment and hiring process for paid event staff in preparation for UK Football home games. Individuals will work parking lot entrances and stadium soft security positions on football game days. We believe enhancing our in-house staff will improve our consistency, efficiency and effectiveness in all aspects of our football game day operations.
UNFORTUNATELY, DUE TO NCAA AND DEPARTMENTAL POLICIES, WE ARE UNABLE TO HIRE:
- Full-time UK Faculty/Staff
- Students, who have begun classes for the 9th grade
- High School Coaches/anyone who coaches any team that includes students in grades 9-12
Successful applicants must be available for most, if not all, 2014 UK home football games. Staff will be trained during summer orientation sessions, to fulfill the responsibilities of their position. Shifts generally range in duration from 4-12 hours, depending on the assignment. Event Staff are paid an hourly wage and some jobs require lifting, extensive walking, and/or standing.
2014 UK Football Home Game Schedule
(Please note: Game Times are not generally determined until approximately 10 days prior to each game, therefore shift times can vary and we ask for everyone's flexibilty on the following Saturdays during football season)
Saturday, August 30 - Tennessee-Martin
Saturday, September 6 - Ohio
Saturday, September 27 - Vanderbilt
Saturday, October 4 - South Carolina
Saturday, October 11 - Louisiana-Monroe
Saturday, October 25 - Mississippi State
Saturday, November 8 - Georgia
As we progress beyond football season, individuals may serve as Ticket Takers, Ushers, Security, etc. at other Athletics Events, excluding Men's Basketball (i.e. volleyball, men's/women's soccer, women's basketball, track, baseball, softball, various SEC/NCAA Championship Events, etc.). In these sports, individuals will have the opportunity to set their own work schedules by filling out availability sheets each season.
UKAD Event Staff Members will be eligible to receive a variety of benefits:
- Opportunity to set your own work schedule (excluding Football) using an online scheduling system.
- Free clothing/athletic gear (i.e. event uniforms)
- Free admission for staff member and one guest to all UK Athletic events excluding Men's/Women's Basketball and Football.
- Free admission for staff member to annual CATSPY Awards Ceremony.
- Opportunity to watch any event after shift/assignments are completed.
- Staff are eligible to join the UK Credit Union and the Recreation Center on campus.
Please consider the possibilities and feel free to contact Andy Adrianse (859.257.8710; firstname.lastname@example.org ), at any time, to discuss your future involvement in the UK Athletics Event Staff Family.
If you are interested in applying for the position, please do so by taking these two steps:
1. It is required that all applicants fill out an application on-line at the UK jobs website, by clicking on the following link or copying and pasting into your internet browser:
Once on the website - click on "Search Jobs" in the upper left corner - then on the next page from the "Job Category" menu, select "Athletics". You will then see the job posting for "Event Workers" which is what you should apply for!
2. Please fill out and submit via email or regular mail, the following questionnaire form (2 pages):
Questionnaire-PLEASE FILL OUT
3. Please note that after you submit an application, it will need to be reviewed. A representative from UK Athletics will then call you to discuss the opportunity and possibly set up an interview. This process may take several weeks, however you can always contact Andy (email@example.com) to ensure your application has been received.
Event Management Intern Program
UK Athletics Event Management recruits and works with undergraduate and graduate level college students on a seasonal basis to build experience within the field of Event Management and to fulfill academic requirements. Interns must have a strong work ethic, be responsible and reliable, and have good night and weekend availability for athletic events. Interns can be typically involved with at least one or more sports depending on the season and overall needs of the Event Management office.
Interns who work the Fall Semester must be available for all UK home football games.
Those interested in applying should fill out and submit an application below. For additional questions and concerns, contact Kate Ballard at firstname.lastname@example.org
Fall Internship Application
Spring Internship Application
The University of Kentucky is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer