Event Management - Staff Recruitment Page
Involvement in the UK Event Staff is an excellent part-time employment opportunity, within the UK Athletics Department. UK Event Management is currently engaged in a recruitment and hiring process for additional paid event staff in preparation for the 2013-14 athletic year. Individuals will work parking lot entrances and stadium soft security positions on football game days. We believe enhancing our in-house staff will improve our consistency, efficiency and effectiveness in all aspects of our football game day operations.
UNFORTUNATELY, DUE TO NCAA AND DEPARTMENTAL POLICIES, WE ARE UNABLE TO HIRE:
- Full-time UK Faculty/Staff
- Students, who have begun classes for the 9th grade
- High School Coaches/anyone who coaches any team that includes students in grades 9-12
Successful applicants must be available for most, if not all, 2013 UK home football games. Staff will be trained during summer orientation sessions, to fulfill the responsibilities of their position. Shifts generally range in duration from 4-10 hours, depending on the assignment. Event Staff are paid an hourly wage and some jobs require lifting, extensive walking, and/or standing.
Tentative 2013 UK Football Home Schedule
Saturday, September 7 - Miami, Ohio
Saturday, September 14 - Louisville
Saturday, September 28 - Florida
Saturday, October 12 - Alabama
Saturday, November 2 - Alabama State
Saturday, November 9 - Missouri
Saturday, November 30 - Tennessee
As we progress beyond football season, individuals may serve as Ticket Takers, Ushers, Security, etc. at other Athletics Events, excluding Men's Basketball (i.e. volleyball, men's/women's soccer, women's basketball, track, baseball, softball, various SEC/NCAA Championship Events, etc.). In these sports, individuals will have the opportunity to set their own work schedules by filling out availability sheets each season.
UKAA Event Staff Members will be eligible to receive a variety of benefits:
- Opportunity to set your own work schedule (excluding Football) using an online scheduling system.
- Free clothing/athletic gear (i.e. event uniforms)
- Free admission for staff member and one guest to all UK Athletic events excluding Men's/Women's Basketball and Football.
- Free admission for staff member to annual CATSPY Awards Ceremony.
- Football, Men's and Women's Basketball media guides
- Opportunity to watch any event after shift/assignments are completed.
- Staff are eligible to join the UK Credit Union and the Recreation Center on campus.
Please consider the possibilities and feel free to contact Andy Adrianse (859.257.8710; email@example.com ), at any time, to discuss your future involvement in the UK Athletics Event Staff Family.
If you are interested in applying for the position, please do so by taking these two steps:
1. It is required that all applicants fill out an application on-line at the UK jobs website, by following these step-by-step instructions
2. Please fill out and submit via email or regular mail, the following questionnaire form (2 pages):
3. Please note that while we are now taking applications, you may not be called until the middle part of June, to begin scheduling interviews.
Event Management Intern Program
UK Athletics Event Management recruits and works with undergraduate and graduate level college students on a seasonal basis to build experience within the field of Event Management and to fulfill academic requirements. Interns must have a strong work ethic, be responsible and reliable, and have good night and weekend availability for athletic events. Interns can be typically involved with at least one or more sports depending on the season and overall needs of the Event Management office.
Interns who work the Fall Semester must be available for all UK home football games.
Those interested in applying should fill out and submit an application below. For additional questions and concerns, contact Kate Ballard at firstname.lastname@example.org
Fall Internship Application
Spring Internship Application
The University of Kentucky is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer