Welcome to the Center for Academic and Tutorial Services (CATS)
CATS is the University of Kentucky’s renowned academic support program for student-athletes.
“We are extremely proud of what we have accomplished in the academic arena. The CATS program is focused on winning in the classroom. We look at each student-athlete's individual needs, set goals and develop strategies to attain those goals. Our center provides our student-athletes with a definitive advantage over student-athletes at many other institutions. Our goal is to show that we care about the student as well as the athlete.” – Bob Bradley, Associate Athletic Director for Student Services
The CATS Advantage
- The Center for Academic and Tutorial Services is unique in that it is located in close proximity to the central academic campus. This means that student-athletes have ready access to CATS before, after, and between classes.
- Most universities provide tutors upon request. Usually a student requests a tutor after poor performance in a course. At UK, the advisors examine the student-athlete’s schedule at the beginning of the semester then assign tutors immediately. This can help prevent the student-athlete from falling behind.
- Whereas most universities may have a study table where a tutor meets with a group of students for certain subject needs, CATS provides scheduled 1-on-1 tutor sessions for student-athletes.
- Another CATS Program advantage is that the Jerry Claiborne Study Center allows student-athletes to complete their required quiet study hours anytime during operating hours.
- Student-athletes may make arrangements to use CATS resources during non-working hours.
- CATS has a cadre of mentors, many of whom are retired educators, to assist student-athletes with organizational skills and study strategies.
Academic Calendar | Campus Calendar
Hours of Operation
8am-10pm Monday through Thursday
8am-5pm on Friday
2pm-10pm on Sunday
Student-athletes may make arrangements to use CATS resources during non-working hours.